Step 1: Setting Up Your Categories
- Hover over the Knowledge Base iconand click Categories......
- Click Add a Category.
- Click in the New Category text field and enter a category name.
- Click Create.
You can reorder the category list by hovering over a category and then using the handle on the left side of the panel to drag and drop the category to a new position.
Step 2: Creating Sub-categories
- Hover over the relevant category and click the arrow iconon the right.
- Click Add Sub Category.
- Click in the New Category text field and enter a sub-category name.
- Click Create.
Step 3: Creating Articles
- Click the Knowledge Base icon
- Click + Create New Article and select one the article types:
- Article: Provide various types of concise content, such as Overviews & introductions, Tutorials, How-tos, FAQs etc...
- Feature Request: Collect feedback from your users regarding features they would like to have.
- Known Issue: Provide information regarding know issues or bugs, and gain insight to the number of users experiencing the issue.
- Select a category and sub-category from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a Title.
- Click the Add a block iconto start adding content:
- Text/Paragraph: Add text, bulleted or numbered lists.
- Subtitle: Add section headings, subtitles and anchored subtitles.
- Informative: Add a note, tip, important or warning content.
- Lines: Add solid or dashed lines.
- Image: Upload or link to an image.
- Video: Add a video URL.
- More: Select any of the available options including a table, a collapsible component, HTML and more.
- From the footer menu you can also:
- Translation: Send an article to translation.
- Labels: Add labels to help sort and manage content.
- Notes: Add an internal note. This note is not visible in the published content.
- Keywords: Add keywords to improve search results.
- Related Content: Add related content to help direct your users.
- Tasks: Create and assign Write, Update or Review tasks.
- Click the Save drop-down menu at the top right of the Content Editor.
- Click Save and Publish.